Senior Manager Property Tax
Store Code: Tax (19712)
Ahold Delhaize is one of the world's largest food retail groups and a leader in both supermarkets and e-Commerce. Its family of great, local brands serves more than 50 million customers each week in Europe, the United States and Indonesia. Together, these brands employ more than 420,000 associates in more than 7,000 grocery and specialty stores. Our Global Support Office (GSO) is based in Zaandam in the Netherlands, but GSO associates also work in all the countries we serve. This team supports all our great local brands in finance, HR, IT, legal, communications, sustainable retailing, and other key functions. .
The Manager Property Tax US is responsible for the strategy, development, compliance, and execution of US ad valorem tax. The Manager will comply with all Ahold Delhaize’s guidelines, values, and international standards.
Director, Property Tax US
Key Result Area’s / Goals
- Proactively conduct property tax planning activities to minimize tax expense that includes: research, interpretation of laws, asset cost or value determination, and assist in obtaining available property tax incentives
- Ensure the property tax cycle is completed timely and accurately using compliance software and by supervising: data preparation, tax return preparation, processing and review, audit defense and appeals, tax bill review, and property tax expense forecasting
- Manage real estate taxes through assessment analysis, determining the costs, benefits and risks of filing appeals, evaluating and engaging with outside legal and valuation experts, ensuring all relevant information is identified and disseminated, participating in negotiations with officials, and in court proceedings
- Report routinely to the Director and executive management to obtain strategic guidance, authorization to act, and to develop and maintain effective lines of communication
- Collaborate and network with other operating and administrative departments for cross-functional information acquisition and knowledge sharing
- Pursue innovation and best practices by establishing a professional and personal development program that includes membership and participation in professional ad valorem tax organizations
- Implement strategies to maximize tax savings opportunities and minimize risk
- Inform and advise the Director and other relevant stakeholders on the high level impact of (new) legislation and case law in the field
- Manage the preparation and filing of Ad Valorem Tax compliance returns to proscribed laws and regulations for the operating companies to required deadlines in the US
- Ensure proper filing of documentation needed to initiate and retain incentives and abatements and special Ad Valorem tax regimes with regard to both real and personal property valuation and taxation matters
- Manage business personal property tax audit coordination
- Review valuations, real and personal property classifications, assessments, etc, and challenge when appropriate
- Coaching, guiding, and developing employees while focusing on Ahold Delhaize's values
- Frequent discussion and coordination with Real Estate and Legal department personnel as required to address new legislation, tax implications of acquisitions and divestitures, and other matters.
- Property types in current AD assignment entail commercial Retail, Warehouse, Transportation, Office properties and Commercial retail operations ranging from individual stores to strip centers and major shopping centers
- Travel up to 10% within the U.S.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Real Estate, Tax, OR similar with extensive training and experience, 5+ years minimum, in a property tax specific function.
Experience should include both real property and personal property taxation in multiple States
Project leadership experience in high-value property tax work
Post Bachelors Education, or Master’s degree, 10+ years experience in property tax.
Certified Member (CMI-Property Tax) of the Institute for Professionals in Taxation (or possessing CMI-Property Tax candidate qualifications in CPE and experience
Controversy resolution including negotiating experience.
Experience with SAP and OneSource software
The GSO sets global strategies frameworks, facilitates the sharing of best practice and encourages economies of scale. Great examples include sharing technology and digital know-how, so we can continue to lead in online and in-store retailing, setting global targets for healthy and sustainable products-including reducing food waste, use of plastics and making our products healthier to use and eat, and championing development for our future leaders-from learning about the digital mindset to leading our stores of the future.
Under the federal Transparency in Coverage rule, group health plans are required to make publicly available machine-readable files that include in-network rates and out-of-network allowed amounts and billed charges. Click the link to view the in-network rates and out-of-network allowed amounts and billed charges under the welfare benefits plan in which GSO participates
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Requisition: 288907_external_USA-NC-Salisbury_262023Apply Now